JOB POSTING: VETERINARIAN
Location: Chełm, Lubelskie Voivodeship, Poland
Eligibility requirements: Licensed veterinarian in Poland. The right to practice a profession on the territory of the Republic of Poland
Duration: 3 months with possible extension
Job Purpose: In response to emergency in Ukraine we are recruiting a licensed veterinarian to support our work at the Chelm camp animal health center.
• Interested in supporting disaster relief efforts by providing veterinarian services to Ukrainian refugees on the Polish boarder
• Ability to work long, active days • Ability to work with minimal staff and support clinic logistics when needed
• Comfortable working in primitive clinic conditions with limited resources • Ability to work under pressure supporting traumatized clients
• Cultural sensitivity and effective cross-cultural communication skills
• Pro-active attitude
• Knowledge of animal health challenges in emergency response environment
• Work internationally with a non-profit organization
• Provide clinical exam and vaccines
• Conduct medical/surgical assignments on an as needed basis
• Supervision of technicians and assistants when applicable
• Other clinic tasks based on need: administration, logistics setup, restraint of animals, etc.
• Share knowledge and answer questions from clients
• Collect clinic data qualitative and quantitative for reports
How to apply:
About Veterinarians without Borders:
Veterinarians without Borders (VWB) works for, and with, communities in need to foster the health of animals, people and the environments that sustain us. VWB/VSF works nationally and internationally to train animal health workers, increase food security, and improve animal & public health. VWB/VSF provides volunteer placements for veterinarians and other animal & public health professionals overseas and in Northern Canada.